3 – 13 October 2021
Maximum 7 Members
10 – 20 April
25 September – 5 October
Maximum 7 MembersContact Jóna:
A combined tour of the sunny south-east of France, including gems located in the Drôme, the Ardèche and Isère districts and a discovery of “Romandy”, the French speaking part of Switzerland. This tour is limited to 7 participants as it explores some remote areas away from the beaten tracks and offers a very personal and informal experience.
You will be accompanied by David, the travelling bard, fluent in English and French who lives at the heart of the travelled areas. His commentaries given in a very warm and friendly manner, will be valuable for your understanding of the local culture, history and natural environment.
Single Supplement £365
• Private transfers.
• Full board for ten nights.
• Lunches each day while out and about.
• All gratuities to our driver and guide for the eleven days.
• David as our own personal guide and organiser.
All excursions, visits and entrance fees
• Famous wine making areas of Drôme (France) and the Lavaux (Switzerland)
• Romans, the fashion design shoe capital of France
• The Provence part of the Drôme (free from mass tourism) and its olive oil making
• Picturesque Mediterranean villages and their lavender fields
• The Ardèche canyon and Grotte Chauvet (35,000 year old cave paintings)
• Culinary delights such as Nougat, Swiss chocolate and Alpine cheese
• Vertiginous drives along the Vercors mountain cliffs
• Deep valleys and spectacular Choranche cave
• The ancient city of Die, it’s Roman wall and listed medieval mosaic
• Mont Aiguille, one of the seven wonders of the Dauphiné
• Lausanne, historical capital of Lake Léman with its Cathedral and Rumine Palace The Swiss Riviera with Chillon Castle and the Lavaux (UNESCO site)
• The Gruyère region and Jogne Valley in the Swiss Alps
• The Jura Hills including the Chasseron summit and panorama Natural sites of Tine de Conflens and Creux du Van in Switzerland
• The standing stones of Yverson and neighbouring park by Lake Neuchâtel
• Ecclesiastical treasure of Saint Maurice Monastery Town of Sion Heritage, capital of the Valais district
• High Alpine Valley of Hérens and village of Evolene
A selection of photos from previous Jóna Tours of France and Switzerland.