NOW BOOKING FOR 2022
4 – 14 June 2022
24 July – 3 August 2022
20 people max per tour
The Unique Land of Contrasts – I strongly recommend this tour to all first time visitors to Iceland.
It covers a large area of the country and one sees such a diversity of landscapes. The lovely farm hotels offer a high standard of accommodation and food in beautiful surroundings.
The Northern areas contain some of the most recent volcanic activity containing hot smouldering lava fields, hot bubbling pools, crevasses with steam rising from them, mountains wrenched asunder due to earthquakes, incredible lava formations, and a new thermal Blue Lagoon or Nature Baths for a relaxing dip.
The Eastern coast is cut by dramatic fjords and we see the vast glacier and glacial tongues of Europe’s largest glacier in the south.
The holiday will appeal to many interests such as ornithology (since the island is visited by huge flocks of birds arriving from Northern Europe to nest and feed), geology and botany and is a nature lover’s paradise in tranquil surroundings. The clarity of the air makes it fantastic for photography.
Many members become captivated by the tranquillity and beauty of the Icelandic landscape, returning many times with me to visit other areas.
You will certainly experience a peaceful and very personal holiday to Iceland.
Single Supplement £595
• Return flights from and to UK with Icelandair.
• Private transfers from and to Keflavik airport.
• 10 nights in en suite rooms in high standard hotels, located in stunning country areas, including 2 nights at a top hotel in Reykjavik. close to all amenities.
• 10 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 10 three course evening meals with 2 of these at a top Reykjavik restaurants.
• Private coach and driver.
Private guide for the whole tour.
Included in the tour price are all excursions, visits and entrance fees:
A selection of photos from previous Jóna Tours of Iceland.